Friday, October 1, 2010
Matcha Tiramisu Ice Cream
If you love tiramisu and Matcha green tea, this is an ice cream recipe you should try! It is rich and so delicious! Rich in Antioxidants. This is an ice cream that any green tea lover can appreciate!
Cream (for mounting) 150cc
Egg yolk 2 units*
Matcha 1.5 tablespoons
hot water to dissolve Matcha 3 tablespoons (We used Soft Matcha)
Mascarpone cheese 65g
Sponge Cake 80g
Matcha for sprinkle some (We used Premium Matcha)
* buy the freshest eggs
1. In a small bowl, put the Matcha powder and add 3 tablespoons of hot water. Mix it well with a spoon.
2. In another bowl, put mascarpone cheese, egg yolks, half of the total amount of sugar, rum, add and mix with a wire whisk.
3. In a large bowl, whip cream with an electric whisk, add the remaining sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks are just about to form. Make sure not to over-beat.
4. Mix 1. 2. & 3. with a rubber spatula.
5. Put sponge cake (or Merindoro) in a mold and add the mixture.
6. Freeze the mixture thoroughly in a freezer for 4 hours.
7. Sprinkle Matcha powder (if you taste Matcha flavour directly) on the ice cream.
8. Delicious Matcha Tiramisu Ice Cream is ready to eat!