Thursday, December 23, 2010
Matcha Green Tea X´mas Cookies
X´mas time is almost coming! Here is another Christmas recipe with Matcha Green Tea. Give a surprise to your X´mas dinner with Matcha X´mas Cookies!
(for 80 cookies)
240g butter at room temperature
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoon Matcha green tea powder
1. Leave the butter out of the refrigerator to melt a bit.
2. Shift the flour & Matcha twice (we used COOK MATCHA of The Matcha House brand).
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter. Add suger and beat again until the texture becomes creamy.
4. Add beated eggs and continue beating until the mixture becomes yellow-white.
5. Add flour mixture and mix slowly with a rubber spatula until dough just comes together.
6. Pull dough in a log, approximately 5 cm in diameter.
7. Wrap dough log and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
8. Slice dough and cut into Christmas shapes.
9. Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 15 minutes at 180 º until the cookies are just starting to turn golden around the edges.
10.Brush egg yolk over the cookies and put colored sugar balls or decorate as desired (we used Vahine brand sugar toppings).