Friday, May 24, 2013
Green Tea Matcha Brownie
If you are looking for something new and different in brownie recipes, this recipe is for you. It is very simple and very delicious! I personally think this is the best Matcha brownie recipe in the world. Try them, I think you'll agree!
(18cm x 18cm square pan, for 3-4 people)
150g of white chocolate
100g of butter
70g of sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of rum
50g of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
50g of Okara* (if you do not have, you can cook without Okara)
50g of walnuts
10g of almonds
10g of Matcha powder (we used COOK MATCHA)
20g of icing sugar
*Okara is a pulp consisting of insoluble parts of the soybean which remains after pureed soybeans are filtered in the production of soy milk and tofu. (Fresh Okara is available at Tofu shops.)
1. Preheat oven to 100ºC and toast walnuts.
2. Butter an 18cm x 18cm square pan.
(or use nonstick cooking spray). Then, put a few tablespoons of flour on the pan.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a water bath.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Beat them.
5. Add salt and rum.
6. Combine flour, baking powder, Matcha powder and Okara. Mix well.
7. Combine the melted butter + chocolate and mix well.
8. Stir in walnuts and almonds.
9. Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 170ºC. Do no over bake.
10. Sprinkle icing sugar on.