Last September, we published our simple Matcha Roll Cake recipe in this blog http://cookingwithjapanesegreentea.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/green-tea-roll-cake.html. We have been waiting for a perfect time to try it out a second time. Opportunity came when one of our customers asked us if we had any Matcha recipe with Mascarpone cream. We made tiramisu cream with fresh strawberry instead of simple whipped cream for our new rolle cake. The cake turn out great. We love all kinds of roll cake, but we find that this version is really delicious. Enjoy our Matcha Tiramisu Roll Cake with Strawberry, a perfect combination of Matcha Sponge Cake rolled with rich cream cheese filling with fresh strawberries!
Ingredients for Matcha sponge cake:
(for 3 or 4 people)
4 eggs (size L)
20g of sugar (for egg yolks)
40g of sugar (for egg whites)
1 tablespoon of milk
60g of cake flour
1 tablespoon of Matcha powder
Ingredients for Tiramisu cream:
100 ml of fresh cream
100g of Mascarpone cheese
45g of Cream cheese (Philadelphia)
20g of sugar
5 o 6 pieces of strawberry
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
2. Line the 27cm x 27cm pan with baking paper.
3. Prepare two bowls and separate egg yolks and egg whites.
4. In a bowl beat the egg yolks with 20g of sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
6. Add Matcha powder and mix well.
7. In another bowl beat the egg whites with 40g of sugar and make hard meringue.
8. Pour the meringue to 6.
9. Add the sifted flour and mix with a rubber spatula.
12. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 °C.
13. In the meanwhile, make the tiramisu cream. In a bowl, combine Mascarpone cheese and cream cheese. In a large bowl, whip the cream using an electric hand mixer until cream becomes stiff. Add whipped cream to cheese mix and mix until the mixture is well combined.
14. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
15. Cut strawberries into 2cm.
16. Spread the whipped cream on the surface and spread strawberries.
17. Roll up the cake carefully.
18. Wrap the cake in wax paper and refrigerate for 3 hours before slicing.