Sunday, July 18, 2010
Vegetarian Matcha ice cream
Published in Spanish magazine Cocina Vegetariana, nº 11
We propose you a new recipe of vegetarian ice cream of ... green tea, that you can make easily in the morning and enjoy it in the afternoon.
To make green tea ice cream, we use Matcha. Matcha is the powdered form of high grade green tea leaves of Japanese origin. Matcha offers higher nutritional value and it is very tasty. Matcha is an authentic delicatessen.
rice drink 250ml
rice cream 250ml
3 biological egg yolks
agave syrup 50g
1 teaspoon cornstarch
How to make:
1. Warm rice milk and rice cream.
2. Meanwhile, put agave syrup, egg yolk and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until you acquire a certain density and lighter color.
3. When 1. starts to boil, remove from the fire, stirring a minute and pour Matcha tea powder.
4. Put a part of 3. to 2. After whipped, add the rest of 3.
5. Warm 4. over medium heat until you acquire a thickened cream, stirring with wooden spoon. Do not boil.
6. Remove the cream from the pan and pour it into a rectangular mold. Cool at room temperature for a while, and then transfer to freezer.
7. Frozen two to three hours, stirring several times en route.