Snowy Matcha Sponge Cake
60g white sugar
3 tablepoons of flour
2 teaspoons of Matcha (Chlorella Matcha)
70ml of whipped cream
5g icing sugar for topping
5g Matcha for topping (Premium Matcha)
1. Separate yolks and whites of eggs.
2. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar (40g) with a whisk and add the flour and Matcha powder priviously sifted. Add whipped cream. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, prepare the meringue, beating egg whites. Add sugar (20g) and beat well with automatic whisk.
4. Add the 3. to 2.
5. In a square mold, put the mix and bake 15 minutes at 180º.
6. Cut the cake to the size you like.
7. Sift Matcha powder and cover with icing sugar.
This cake, like many Japanese sweets, isn’t too sweet, so if you like very sweet cakes, you can add white chocolate chips or sweet azuki beans.