Thursday, November 25, 2010
Mochi with Matcha sauce
If you love "Mochi" and Matcha green tea, this is a recipe you should try! It is very easy to prepare and so delicious! Rich in Antioxidants. This is a typical Japanese sweet （抹茶白玉）that any green tea lover can appreciate! The combination of Azuki beans, Matcha and Mochi is perfect!
Ingredients for 4 people:
To prepare sweet Azuki (you can also buy cooked Azuki):
- 100 grams of Azuki beans
- Water for boiling Azuki
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
To prepare round mochi:
- 100 g glutinous rice flour
- A tablespoon of powedered sugar
- Water to add to mochis
- Water for boiling mochis
- Water for cooling mochis
To prepare Matcha sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Matcha
- 1 tablespoon sugar glace
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons condensed milk
Hot green tea to accompany:
- 4 tea-bags of Koi Genmaicha
- Hot water
1. Soak azuki beans in a pot with water (8 times amount of Azuki) for 4 hours.
2. Boil it for 1 hour on low heat.
3. Add sugar and continue boiling until beans become soft enough.
4. Add salt and continue boiling a few minuts more.
5. Turn off heat and leave at room temperature.
1. Put glutinous rice flour in a bowl.
2. Add a tablespoon of powdered sugar.
3. Add water slowly until the dough becomes as soft as earlobes.
4. Make small oval-shaped dumplings.
5. Boil water in a pan and add the dumplings. Boil the dumplings until they float.
6. Remove the dumplings and cool in cold water.
Matcha sweet sauce:
1. In a small bowl, put the Matcha powder.
2. Add powdered sugar. Mix it well with a spoon.
3. Add condensed milk and mix well with a spoon.
Hot Green tea Koi Genmaicha:
1. Heat water without allowing it to boil (90 ° C), pour into the cup and put the tea bag.
2. Then gently move the bag vertically 2-3 times.
3. After 40 seconds, again move the bag 4-5 times and dispose of the cup.
(no sugar is to be added).