Matcha Sponge Cake with Natural Yogurt
Matcha Sponge Cake is one of the easiest cakes to make, simple and delicious. The most important thing to make a good sponge cake is to beat eggs patiently at least for 20 minutes. We recommend using electric mixer.
(for 6 people, using spring-form pan: 24cm x 6cm)
180 gr of flour
180 gr sugar
1 tablespoon skim milk
2 tablespoons natural yogurt
2 tablespoons of Matcha
1. In a bowl put whole eggs and beat with electric mixer for 10 minutes.
2. Add sugar and continue beating 10 minutes.
3. After beating more than 20 minutes, you will get consistent and frothy mixture.
4. In another bowl sift flour and Matcha.
5. Add flour and Matcha to the mixture, stirring with a rubber spatula.
6. Add yogurt and milk and mix well slightly.
7. Preheat oven to 180 º C.
8. Put butter and flour to the spring-form pan. (Diameter 24cm x height 6 cm)
9. Pour the cake mixture into the mold from a height of 30cm.
10. Bake 40 minutes at 160 º C.
11. Insert a wooden skewerinto the centre of the cake and check if the cake is cooked.
12. Remove the cake from oven and let the spring-form pan fall from a height of 20cm to prevent the cake shrinks.
13. Ready to eat! With whipped cream or yogurt.