Christmas in the forest
Animals we made: monkey, pig, coala, cat, panda, dog, rabbit, bear, brown dog, squirrel, and reindeer.
(for 20 cookies of 4mm thick)
100g butter at room temperature
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
2 teaspoons of Matcha green tea powder
2 teatpoons of Cocoa powder
1 egg yolk
Small Chocolate balls
Star-shaped sugar decolation
Flower-shaped sugar decolation
1. Leave the butter out of the refrigerator to melt a bit.
2. Shift the flour.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter. Add suger and beat again until the texture becomes creamy.
4. Add beated egg and continue beating until the mixture becomes yellow-white.
5. Add flour and mix slowly with a rubber spatula until dough just comes together.
6. Separate 1/4 of the dough and add Matcha Powder. Mix well.
7. Separate another 1/4 of the dough and add Cocoa Powder. Mix well.
8. Wrap three color dough respectively and place in refrigelator for 1 hour.
9. Make animal-shaped cookies and tree-shaped cookies.
10. Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 15 minutes at 175 º.
11. Decolate the cookies as you like.