Monday, October 8, 2012
Hojicha Roll Cake
Hojicha Powder 100g is a powdered roasted Sencha green tea for cooking use. Delicious aroma of roasting. Ideal for cooking of ice-creams and pastries. This product is made for those who want to enjoy new green tea flavour other than Matcha in their cuisine. Here is our new recipe: Hojicha Roll Cake! Hojicha is low in caffein, rich in flavor & aroma. You can enjoy this flavor with all your family!
Hojicha powder 10g
Heavy cream 150cc
1. In a large bowl, sift flour, cornstarch and Hojicha powder together 2 or 3 times.
2. Heat the butter and milk in the microwave for 30 seconds. Preheat the oven to 200C.
3. Line the roll pan with wax paper. In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer.
4. Cover the bottom of the bowl with hot water until the dough becomes temperature approximately 37C . 5. Remove the bowl from the hot water and continue beating for 3 minutes until small stiff peaks form in the dough.
6. Add the flour and Hojicha mixture by lightly sprinkling it into the bowl, then fold it into the dough with a rubber spatula.
7. Add hot milk and fold again with the rubber spatula.
8. Pour into the roll pan and tap it on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
9. Bake at 160C for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. 10. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool.
11. After the cake has completely cooled, remove the wax paper from the cake.
12.To make the filling: in a large bowl beat heavy cream and sugar with an electric mixer until it is stiff.
13. Then add the Hojicha and mix well. Spread the Hojicha whipped cream on a roll cake and roll.
14.Wrap the cake in wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for more than 30 minutes.