Marble Cake with Matcha
Today we had a meeting with one of our business partners: Copihue Tea. They are from Republic of Chile and are going to start selling our Matcha from July, 2014. They kindly brought us this cake for the meeting (it was a pleasant surprise!) The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious!! Everyone loved the cake and enjoyed it with our new iced green tea. We are happy to share the recipe provided by Copihe tea.
4 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 cups of milk
3 tablespoons of butter
2 cups of sugar
3 tablespoons of MATCHA powder
How to prepare:
1. In a bowl, pour the butter, sugar and whole eggs, and beat it.
2. Add the flour and baking powder, alternating with the milk. Mix well.
3. On a plate place a part of the mixture (about 10 tablespoons) and mix with Matcha powder.
4. Into a buttered mold, pour first half of the white mixture.
5. Pour green tea mixture (carefully, not to cover completely the white mixture, pour into the middle).
6. Finally pour remaining white mixture.
7. Adjust the oven temperature to 180º and cook for about 50-60 minutes.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
9. Crush white chocolate and melt stirring in a separate saucepan. Add Matcha powder. Cover the cake with this green chocolate.