Matcha Green Tea Fresh Cream Chocolate
Last week we enjoyed a Green Tea Workshop in Barcelona and to acompany Matcha tea, we served these Matcha Chocolates and Hojicha Chocolates. The attendees liked them very much, so, as promised to them, we hereby publish our recipe. These Green Tea chocolates are called Matcha Nama Chocolates (抹茶生チョコ）in Japan. It is truffle size but its recipe is much easier than those of truffle. It melts in your mouth and Matcha fresh flavour remains in your mouth....simply, it is delicious!
190g of white chocolate
10g of butter
90ml of cream
10g of honey
10g of Matcha
10g of Matcha (for sprinkle)
Used mold (tupperware) of 10cm x 16cm x height 3cm
1. Put Matcha in a heatproof bowl.
2. Add cream slowly and mix well.
3. Add honey and mix well.
4. Heat 3. in the microwave for 1 minute (500W).
5. Immediately add the white chocolate (previously cut) and mix well. Add butter as well and mix well.
6. Heat again 5. in the microwave for 30 second (500W). Mix well again.
7. Cover the square mold with baking parchment.
8. Pour the mixture into the mold.
9. Chill in the refrigerator more than 4 hours or overnight.
10. Remove the mixture and cut into square pieces of 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm*
11. Sprinkle Matcha on the chocolates.
* Use hot knife to prevent sticking.