Thursday, April 9, 2015
Matcha Sponge Cake Without Baking Powder
Make sponge cake without baking powder? Yes!! We make Sponge Cake without using baking powder. With this recipe, your cake will rise. The secret is to beat eggs very well. This is a basic Matcha Sponge Cake recipe and you can eat the cake as it is and also you can eat with whipped cream.
We used a square pan 15cm x 15cm x 8cm height.
3 eggs L
85 g sugar
30 g of milk
30 gr of butter
6g of Matcha (3g Cook Matcha and 3g Matcha Chlorella)
1. Leave the eggs at room temperature.
2. Leave the oven at 180 ℃.
3. In a bowl beat the eggs for 3 minutes with electric mixer.
4. Add sugar and continue beating for 5 minutes more.
5. Heat 4. in a water bath without stopping beating.
Remove from heat and continue beating for more 10 minutes.
6. Sift the flour and Matcha in a bowl. Mix well.
7. Add the powders to 5. and mix well with a spatula.
8. Melt the butter and milk.
9. Add 1/8 (one eighth) of the mixture to 8.
10. Mix the whole amount of butter with the mixture with spatula.
11. Put butter in the pan and place the mixture in the pan.
12. Bake about 35 minutes at 160 ℃.